Friday 14 April 2017

Test your Limits - Fiona Paltridge

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE 
This Long celebration break is going to be JAMMED PACKED full of  WONDERFUL GORGEOUS creations from our AMAZING TEAM.
Remember you can win a $100 Gift voucher to the 
Just for giving our April challenge a go ! 
Use either the sketch, the mood board or both combined, add your Dusty Chippy and post your link on the right hand side of our blog 



With further ado we are going to start the weekend off with 

FIONA PALTRIDGE 
(Have a look at Fiona's blog to see the amazing new stamps that she has designed, a must for layouts and altered art )


Hello Dusty darlings, Fiona here with you today to share a little layout I have created using the gorgeous Dusty Attic Chipboard. 




I was inspired this month by the April moodboard. I had been playing around with my gel press plate and making some prints and this one appeared as a final press. I just loved it and had to use it somehow. The I remembered the moodboard and BAM! it all just fell into place.



I painted the Daisies with some Bisque Dusty Colour so they would seem as if they were coming out of the photo. I gave them a light coating of gesso before hand so when i added a little bit of water to the paint, the white peaked through.


I wanted to create a little bit of interest on the background, but not too much as the print from my Gel plate was very interesting in it's own right. The Dusty Attic Stencil "Creative Script" was just perfect for this. It begins it's sentiment with "There is beauty in simplicity". It is just perfect for this layout!

I finished the layout off with a little title, some gold wire for the border and a little bit of hand drawing so as to emphasise the importance of embracing imperfection.

I hope you like my layout and it inspires you to use your chippy as an extension of your photo like I have. it is heaps cool ..... I'll definitely be trying to do it again! See you all again next time.





Fiona Paltridge

1 comment:

  1. So lovely Fiona!
    I think that is so clever the way you added the flower to the hand- Love the dimension of this piece!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete