Tuesday 6 December 2016

Breathtaking - Heather McMahon - Mood Board Inspiration

 
Hello again Dusty Attic friends. This is Heather back with you today with a layout I made using the stunning December mood board.
The mood board photos are rich and luxurious so I thought I'd follow their lead.
 


I simply adore that star border! It could be used for birthdays, Christmas, anything really! I sprayed the Dusty Attic flowers with silver spray to match my layout and painted all the chippies, including that stunning title, in silver too. Of course I used Clear Gloss Varnish to glue down those fine chippies. The nozzle is perfect for jobs like this.

 


 
And yep, there it is again - another Mini Heart Button! This time I covered it in the purple paper to match the layout and added some funky silver thread to the middle. Tucked underneath is an arm of an Ornate Cross. I just keep bits like this that are left over from other projects. You never know when a cool shape like this might work on something else!

 


 
I hunted through my (somewhat extensive!) stash but couldn't find any silver background paper. I did find some old Mistables paper though so I sprayed it with silver mist and viola! - a gorgeous background appeared in front of my eyes! I stitched the framework around the photo area then swiped Tinby Designs Colour Crush across the area to highlight it. I did the same under the title.
 

Why don't you join in the challenge this month? There is a whopping $100 Dusty Attic voucher up for grabs! Here's the totally gorgeous mood board:
 
 

The Dusty Attic products I used are:
 
Breathtaking DA1588
 

Star Banner DA1436
 
Branch #4 Small DA1185
 

Stars #3 DA1153
 
Stars #1 DA0933
 

Page Pebbles #3 DA1107
 
Mini Heart Buttons DA0682
 
Ornate Crosses DA1083
 
Dusty in Bloom Bridal Veil DA0805
 
Dusty in Colour Lavender Blush
DA0911
 
Dusty in Colour Clear Gloss Varnish
DA0901
 
Happy scrappin'!
Heather McMahon




































1 comment: