Saturday 22 October 2016

You are Loved - Cathy Cafun - Mood Board Inspiration

Hi everyone,

It's Cathy here today sharing my take on this month's Mood Board from Dusty Attic.


 

I was so taken with the bold colours of this month's Mood Board that I didn't really go beyond that, but there are so many ways to be inspired, like the pretty patterns, collection of shapes and textures as well as the beautiful quote... so many possibilities!! 

"You Are Loved"

 I started by going through my considerable stash of pp's to pick out some pretty papers in yellow and grey and white, only using the black for accents to give a fresh feel to my layout.


 How pretty is the Swirly Heart Chippie!!  To create the soft yellow to alter my chippies, I have mixed the Cashmere Dusty Colour with a little bit of Sunshine Dusty Colour. Once dry, I coated with the Dusty Clear Crackle Medium.  Before painting the heart I cut the tail section off to use in the little cluster on the top right.  


The tail section of the Swirly Heart Chippie was painted with the soft yellow and Soot Dusty Colour, then the yellow sections were coated with Clear Crackle Medium.

My title was created by using one of the pretty script words from the Word Pack #33 and a stamp. I painted the 'loved' script word in soft yellow then coated with Clear Crackle Medium.


To add a bit of contrast and draw the eye to my photo I used one of the Whimsy Frames from the #4 pack and painted it with Soot Dusty Colour.


  I just adore the Floral Corners Chippie... it's so beautiful, and I can see this one will become a firm favourite.  I only needed to use one of the pieces from the pack which I cut into two sections, to flow diagonally across my page.

I painted the leaf sections in Alabaster Dusty Colour and the flower sections in soft yellow, then coated with Dusty Clear Gloss Varnish.  To add a bit of texture I adhered white seed beads to my flower centres using the Clear Gloss Varnish and allowed to dry a little, then dabbed over with a little more Clear Varnish to make sure the beads are securely fixed.


To add a little more dimension to my chippies, I adhered some pretty Manor House Creations and Green Tara flowers with a few paper leaves. Finally I added a pretty butterfly from the Flutterbies #3 pack which I painted yellow, coated with Clear Gloss Varnish and topped with a metal bead.





Chipboard

Dusty in Colour
Alabaster - 


Other Product Used:
Authentique and Little Yellow Bicycle pp's
book paper
Manor House Creations flowers
Green Tara mini blossoms
Tim Holtz Brushed Pewter Distress Spray Stain
Lindys Stamp Gang Steel Shimmer Starburst Mist
Clear Stamp
Ranger Black Archival Ink
seed beads
metal floral bead
paper leaves


I am looking forward to seeing how you are all inspired by this month's Mood Board Challenge.  Thanks so much for stopping by.

Cathy Cafun xx

No comments:

Post a Comment