Tuesday 1 July 2014

July Sketch Challenge - Leaves are falling - Rachelle Sigurdson


WOW - Half of the year has gone already
 Can you believe it ???  

Don't forget we are closing the Ning site next month.
SO WE ARE DOING SOMETHING SPECIAL
We are adding a "READERS GALLERY LINK" to the side bar
of the blog (just on the right there)  so you can still
share YOUR awesome layouts that you would
normally add to the gallery.

(Please note that like the Ning this is for your work that contains Dusty Attic Chipboard products only)
THE WINNER OF THE JUNE SKETCH IS....

JANE STIRLING

Thank you to all that entered, they where all great! 

We have another awesome sketch this month for you
ADD YOUR LINK TO THE SIDE BAR 


Rachelle has done this amazing layout to Inpire you all to join in the challenge.
I love the rich colours she has used as well


LEAVES ARE FALLING
- Rachelle Sigurdson

 

The Dusty Attic Chipboard used:
Wrought Iron Fence border
Wrought Iron Fence Border (DA0176)
Chicken Wire Panel
Chicken Wire Pane (DA0177)
Flower Buds
Flower Buds (DA0849)
Grass Cluster #1
Grass Cluster #1 (DA0660)
Vine Border
Vine Border (DA0459)
mini Chicken Wire
Mini Chicken Wire (DA0788)
Fluutterbies #3 (DA0766)

The Maja Design used:
Walking in the Forest

When leaves are falling

When leaves are falling_BS

Mountain ash-BS

Die cut letters-BS
& a BS of a label

Here are some closeups of detail:
I stained all the chipboard with walnut stain, on the buds I used chestnut liquid pearls....
I painted the leaves with TH distress paint,& once that dried I applied a thick coat of crackle. I let the crackle dry then applied lime twist TA & once that dried I rubbed in some rusty chalk..
Shows distressed layers that I had inked the edges with walnut stain. I also did some stencil work,using a Kaiser craft stencil & Viva modeling cream. Once the cream dried I rubbed in some chalk.....

The flowers used are from Prima & Bobunny....
Burlap used in my layers.....
I used micro beads on the heads of the grass....


I can't wait until I see what you come up with,with this months sketch....Rachelle





1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for choosing my page as Layout of the Month for June. You have certainly made my day... Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete