Thursday 21 March 2013

"Canvas" by Natasha

Hi everyone!  Today I have a canvas that I would like to share with you.  I decided on this quote because I thought it would be a good reminder for myself and for others.  Everyone has a story, and everyone has gone through something that has changed them.  So it's a good reminder that we shouldn't judge people.  :o)
All of these flowers were handmade (with the exception of the teeny flowers and the metal ones).  The large flowers were made from watercolor paper that I inked with Distress Stains in three different colors.  I then followed a tutorial by Mistra that can be found HERE.  The smaller flowers are made from Bitty Blossoms dies.
For my quote, I used the Dusty Attic Typewriter ABC Set and Dymo labels.
I accented my flower clusters with Leafy Scrolls...
... and Swirly Vines.
The background of my canvas is made up of many layers.  The first layer is printed tissue.  Above that there are layers of gesso, muslin, Distress Stains, ink, paint, textured medium, and embossing powder.  I love to get messy with a canvas!
Hope you like my canvas!  Have a beautiful day!
Chipboard:
The Dusty Attic: Swirly Vines #3 DA0751
The Dusty Attic: Leafy SCroll DA0764
The Dusty Attic: Typewriter ABC Set DA0143

No comments:

Post a Comment